JOB VACANCIES AT DEWAN FILHARMONIK PETRONAS
1. Assistant Director (Marketing)
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- 7-10 years of experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven ability to oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional items and activities.
- Plan and develop annual marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Establish, oversee and maintain good rapport with the media.
- Plan and develop strategic partnerships for joint promotions and collaborations.
- Monitor and oversee the inventory movement of merchandise including monitoring of costs, margins and the development of merchandise.
- Monitor and oversee in-house and external graphic designers.
2. Manager (Customer Relationship Management)
- Degree in Communication, Business or Marketing.
- Min. 5 years of experience in computerized ticket sales and database management.
- Experience in managing loyalty programs and a strong understanding of subscription's processes would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English as well as good business writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills in areas of analysis and communication.
- Ability and initiative in crisis management as well as coaching and leadership skills.
- Analytical and creative with flair for public speaking.
- Plan and strategize the operation of the department.
- Oversee the management of Box Office and Front of House to ensure smooth running and least interruptions.
- Manage, develop and maintain an efficient CRM system and procedures including ticket sales, database research and subscriptions in line with Company's policies, plans and objectives.
- Iinitiate research and analysis on market conditions and customers' behaviors/spending patterns.
3. Graphic Designer
- Diploma/Degree in graphic design/multimedia.
- Min. 3 years of experience.
- Creative portfolio demonstrating proficiencies in print design and layout.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in a very deadline driven environment.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to creative and cross-functional communication.
- Knowledgeable and efficient in relevant software such as Adobe in Design (CS2), Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Develop and design visuals for Company products, programmes and activities for the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra and DewanFilharmonik PETRONAS.
- Explore new design and concept through external exposure and latest technology to ensure artwork is fresh and attractive.
4. Website Administrator
- Degree/Diploma in interactive media design or equivalent.
- Min. 3 years of work experience in a related field.
- Strong in creative conceptualization and design.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication particularly in English.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Create, maintain and improve websites.
- Develop and enforce the website style by interacting with graphic designers.
- Make the website as easy as possible to navigate.
- Maintain web servers.
- Ensure standards are maintained to make links lively and efficient.
- Take editorial responsibility for the content, quality and style of the site.
- Coordinate the work of support staff involved in putting together and maintaining websites.
- Prepare reports and analyse website user statistics.
- Provide user support as and when required.
5. Executive (Advertising & Promotions)
- Degree in Marketing/Advertising or equivalent.
- Experience working in an advertising agency is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia (both verbal and writing) is a must.
- Possess knowledge in media planning with sound analytical skills.
- Manage the production of the season brochure and calendar including for Encounter to create awareness and promote performances.
- Manage the production of all marketing collaterals as well as advertisements/commercials.
- Evaluate the advertising and media plan proposals developed by the media agency.
- Plan for mailing and distribution of all collaterals to selected target audience to create awareness and boost ticket sales.
- Execute strategic partnerships with organizations for joint promotion to strengthen company's brand name and generate awareness of DFP/MPO.
6. Executive (Education & Outreach)
- Possess Degree in Music and/or Education.
- Min. 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience as performing musician or music teacher will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Good public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Plan, coordinate and implement all activities pertaining to workshops, masterclasses, open rehearsals, pre-concert events, demonstrations, etc. with the objective of creating classical music awareness through the promotion of music education and audience development projects.
- Work with musicians and staff of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) for the planning and implementation of education & outreach programme.
- Liaise with the relevant Ministries and other Government agencies for the application of approvals and other requirements for successful implementation of education & outreach programme.
7. Executive (Malaysian Philharmonic Youth OrchestrA – MPYO)
- Degree in Music.
- Min. 3 years of work experience in an orchestral setting.
- Knowledge in orchestration, orchestral setting and familiarization with the SOP of a youth orchestra.
- Sociable and adaptable to the youth culture.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Willing to work during weekends and odd hours.
- Coordinate changes in orchestral seating, engage substitutes and extra musicians as necessitated by repertoire and player absence.
- Act as focal person for MPO musicians, MPO library, Encounter and DFP/MPO staff.
- Act as focal person for MPYO members and parents.
- Handle all correspondence and queries on matters pertaining to MPYO.
- Assist in planning and coordinating all aspects of MPYO auditions, tour and music camps.
- Attend and oversee all rehearsals, concerts and related activities.
8. Assistant Librarian Requirements:
- Degree in Music.
- Min. 1 year practical experience on an orchestral or keyboard instrument, preferably with some experience in orchestral music.
- Knowledge in orchestra repertoire and scoring.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Neatness of written work, speed and precision are of paramount importance.
- Ability to prioritise work in terms of urgency and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and follow directions.
- Willing to work during weekends on rotation basis.
- Assist in the preparation of music for all MPO rehearsals and performances.
- General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transcribing bowings into sets of individual string parts
- Editing and proofing
- Bar numbering
- Marking rehearsal letters
- Marking cuts
- Preparing and breaking down orchestra folders
- Fixing page turns
- Sending music to freelance/substitute musicians
- Taking delivery of incoming music, packing and shipping outgoing music, maintaining shipping record
- Creating and replenishing practice copies for strings
- Respond to the needs of the MPO players on an individual basis, within reason, on a daily basis.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete CV stating personal particulars, employment history, qualifications and current salary together with a passport sized photograph not later than
11 March 2013.
Please direct your applications to:
HRM & Administration Department
DEWAN FILHARMONIK PETRONAS
Level 2, Tower 2
PETRONAS Twin Towers
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
50088 Kuala Lumpur
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.